Opening your heart chakra allows for more balance, healing and love to flow through your life. If you feel guarded, low self-esteem or envy (among other emotions) it could be that your heart chakra needs opening. The following exercise and journal prompts will aid you in opening that chakra to receive messages from your inner self, or soul, and let love flow. All of the answers and love you seek are inside you. Let’s let them out.
The first thing I want you to do is a visualization exercise, you can read it over and do it on your own or you can listen to the guided recording below.
Sit with your eyes closed in a quiet place. It could be in your chair, on a cushion or on the floor, whatever works for you. Take some deep breaths and envision a bright white-pink light radiating from your heart. Take a few more deep breaths and then envision it spreading throughout the rest of your body. Once you’ve filled your body with this light and energy, take the light from your heart and envision it radiating out into the world while saying:
“I open my heart and allow messages to come through.”
1. Are there any feelings that come up when you envision the light radiating from your heart? If so, what are they and how do they make you feel?
2. Are there any old stories or limiting beliefs that come up for you? If so, what are they and how do they make you feel?
3. Is there a message you were hoping would come through? What is it?
4. If that message did come through, what guidance do you think your soul would give you on it? (don’t think on this one, just write!)
5. Do you have a hard time opening your heart to yourself? (ie. low self-esteem, feelings of unworthiness, being hard on yourself) If so, why do you think that is?
6. If you answered yes to #5, do you think this is keeping you from opening your heart to others? (ie. celebrating their wins, feelings of envy, letting others love you) If so, why do you think that is?
6. Envision a place, real or in your mind, that you feel safe to open up your heart in. Allow the grounding energy and feeling of safety to fill you up. What does this place look like and what feelings arise? Tranquility? Joy? Love? Balance?
7. How can you create more of this place and the resulting feelings in your daily life? So as to give yourself opportunities for grounding and opening your heart. (maybe it’s a place outside where you feel nourished so you go for a walk everyday, or maybe it’s your bathtub where you feel peace so you take more baths, etc.)